WE HAVE A NEW PO BOX NOW IN PRESCOTT VALLEY - SEE INFO PAGE
SHOOTERS: PLEASE NOTE THE TIME CHANGE FOR THURSDAY PAPER AND STEEL
THE NRA BANQUET IS SOLD OUT
Children and Guns
Arizona firearm owners in general have limited awareness of firearm injuries and deaths in children in our state. The Arizona Firearm Injury Prevention Coalition (AFIPC) is a corporation formed in 1993 to address firearm injuries and death in children in Arizona. Deaths in Arizona from drowning have received a great deal of publicity and campaigns to reduce childhood deaths while attention to firearm deaths in children is all but disregarded. Gun ownership is not what AFIPC is about but keeping guns safe from children is the cause.
Today deaths in children from firearms outnumber those from drowning. Attention to those details drives AFIPC
to make public awareness of these firearm deaths in Arizona.
The campaign for AFIPC is to make every home safe by having every firearm locked and not available to unsupervised children. Suicide in teenage children is high in Arizona. In 2010
Twenty one teenagers died from suicide with a gun. Access to firearms by children should be everyone’s concern. In 2013 fourteen children died from drowning. More died from gunshot injuries.
Firearm makers provide locks for guns as does AFIPC to those who request them. The firearm death rate in Arizona is about 35% higher than the national average. Family firearm ownership across the US is down from 50% to approximately thirty three percent of families in the U.S.. Firearm death rates have not followed. Keeping firearms locked is one possible solution.
For more information on firearm injury statistics go to the AFIPC website.
Let us all help save our children and keep our guns locked and safe.
Chuck Allen M.D.
Our club is receiving slots for this years handgun Nationals.
The Nationals will be held in Frostproof, Florida, at the Universal Shooting Academy from Oct. 3 to Oct. 11.
The slots we received are as follows: Limited-2, Open-2, Limited 10-1
Let us know if you are interested in these slots.
More information is available at USPSA.org, and click on the “Nationals” link.
The slots will need to be mailed by June 8.
Ron Younger & Geoff Ferrell
The SALE/TRADE has new items.
• A new mailbox with a sign-in book has been installed at the rifle and pistol practice bays, next to the range flag. Please use this sign-in book and range flag when using these bays.
• All members may use practice bays at any time. You may also use these areas on match days during regularly scheduled matches. Please, as always sign in and obey all range rules.
• Please check the club calendar for range maintenance or events that require the practice area to be closed.
• There is no restriction on the time of day you may use the range.
• The speed limit on the dirt road to our facility is 15 MPH. It's one lane in and out.
• No incendiary, tracer or explosive ammunition allowed at any time.
• Be sure to lock the gate after passing through on non-event days to make sure the range is secure even if you or someone else is there.
• ATV's are not allowed on the range without the express permission from the Range Master.
• PractiScore electronic scoring tutorial video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQAEDfdndw
• Range Safety is Everyone's Job. See the video here
Check the Match Scores Pages for more Information on the Matches
Also check the Match Directors recorded phone message at 928-778-0155 for the latest updates
If you would like to be on our email list just send us a message. Better yet, join the club.
If you have any changes or see any mistrakes, please contact me via the Webmaster link below