EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY - THERE IS NO PARKING IN BAYS DURING
REGULARLY SCHEDULED MATCHES UNLESS PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED - JESS
VFW Post gun Raffle
VFW Post 10227 in Prescott Valley is raffling off an AR15 rifle. Tickets are $10.00 each. Only 300 tickets will be sold.
The raffle will be held as soon as the tickets are sold.
If you are interested in purchasing a ticket or two or three, please call Commander Bill Dunn or Quartermaster Bill Halpin at 928-759-0095 or drop by the Post located at 2375 N. 5th Street Prescott Valley.
The Post is on the road to Fain Park and is behind the Moose Lodge. Proceeds of the raffle are to go to the Post General Fund.
Thank you for your support. Jan Schmaling
Magazine ranks AZ the best state for gun owners in 2015
Posted: Jul 24, 2015 10:06 PM MST -- Updated: Jul 25, 2015 8:28 AM MST -- By Amanda Goodman -- PHOENIX (KPHO/KTVK) -
Arizona has landed atop the list of Guns & Ammo Magazine's list for the best states for gun owners in 2015.
The rankings were released earlier this week.
"I'm very pleased and I'd be disappointed if we weren't," said AJI Sporting Goods Owner Jeff Serdy.
The magazine says it "conducted a thorough review of each state's laws and considered initiatives pending in state legislatures."
Five categories were used to come up with the list, those included right to carry, the right to own what's called black rifles, the existence of the Castle Doctrine, the National Firearms Act and a miscellaneous category.
Arizona scored high marks in every category.
"Even though we have a concealed carry permit, you can also carry without a permit, the legislature got that through a few years ago," Serdy said.
Which means that we are a right to carry state.
Serdy also points out that almost no firearms are banned here and Arizona recognizes citizens rights to protect themselves.
"We also have a stand your ground law, Castle Doctrine here where if somebody breaks into your house or tries to take you out of your car, you are allowed to defend yourself," he said.
The ranking did not come as a surprise to many Arizonans but when Guns & Ammo asked people which state they thought was best, only one person answered Arizona.
"To the citizens of Arizona, we think its common sense to have guns and be able to protect ourselves," said Serdy.
When reached by phone the President of the Arizona State Rifle & Pistol Association said we also have a great gun culture and community here.
He mentioned the many shooting competitions and sports shooting events that take place around the state nearly year round thanks to our weather.
A sentiment echoed by Serdy.
"We may be the best place to shoot in the whole country, not a lot of private land, we have to amazing gun ranges, Ben Avery and Rio Salado plus some indoor ranges and in winter with no fire restrictions you can shoot in the National Forests and on BLM Land," Serdy said.
In case you were wondering, Washington D.C. was ranked the worst place for gun owners in 2015.
• A new mailbox with a sign-in book has been installed at the rifle and pistol practice bays, next to the range flag. Please use this sign-in book and range flag when using these bays.
• All members may use practice bays at any time. You may also use these areas on match days during regularly scheduled matches. Please, as always sign in and obey all range rules.
• Please check the club calendar for range maintenance or events that require the practice area to be closed.
• There is no restriction on the time of day you may use the range.
• The speed limit on the dirt road to our facility is 15 MPH. It's one lane in and out.
• No incendiary, tracer or explosive ammunition allowed at any time.
• Be sure to lock the gate after passing through on non-event days to make sure the range is secure even if you or someone else is there.
• ATV's are not allowed on the range without the express permission from the Range Master.
• PractiScore electronic scoring tutorial video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQAEDfdndw
• Range Safety is Everyone's Job. See the video here
Check the Match Scores Pages for more Information on the Matches
Also check the Match Directors recorded phone message at 928-778-0155 for the latest updates
If you would like to be on our email list just send us a message. Better yet, join the club.
If you have any changes or see any mistrakes, please contact me via the Webmaster link below